MADE usually offers 3-month internships throughout the year in our London office. Scroll down to find out the benefits of doing an internship for MADE, and for more about our latest opportunities.
The benefits of doing an internship with MADE
As part of a small and dynamic organisation, you will play a key role in coming up with creative ideas to invest in positive futures for young Muslims, and empower them to make their society and environment a better place. An internship with MADE will help you to:
- Build your understanding of the charity/NGO sector.
- Learn about a variety of social issues ranging from ethical trade to global health and environmental sustainability, as well as islamic responses to poverty and injustice.
- Develop the practical skills and confidence to carry out social action in your community.
- Develop other useful skills such as networking, organisation, time management and leadership. Depending on the internship, you could also learn more specialised skills such as fundraising, digital marketing, project management and event planning.
- Access exclusive networking opportunities with other groups and organisations at events and meetings.
- Be part of a team of like-minded people and have a fun and challenging experience!
If you are looking for a career in development, campaigning, global education or the charity/NGO sector, an internship with us is a great stepping stone, with previous interns having gone on to work for organisations such as Oxfam, the UN, the British Red Cross and Global One, as well as Islamic Relief, Muslim Aid, Al Khair Foundation and more.
Key information about internships with MADE
- Successful interns are usually expected to contribute 2 week days per week for a period of 3-4 months.
- Interns will normally be based in our offices in Whitechapel.
- Internships are typically unpaid, but lunch and travel expenses are covered up to £10 per day, and where possible we will always aim to provide paid internships.