MADE IS CURRENTLY RECRUITING FOR THE FOLLOWING INTERNSHIP:
PROJECT MANAGEMENT INTERN x 1
About the internship
This internship is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is interested in gaining real experience and skills within the charity, campaigning or environment sectors. The selected intern will play an active role in MADE's work, by providing crucial project management support on one of our most important fundraising challenges, ‘The Ultimate Water Challenge’. Supporting the Fundraising and Marketing Manager to deliver this challenge in July, the selected intern will be given a lot of responsibility as project lead and gain an array of transferable skills along the way, as well as getting take part in some of MADE's exciting work!
You do not need any specific experience – we are just looking for someone with:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in social action and/or environmental issues
- Commitment to seeing the role through to the end
Travel and lunch expenses will be paid up to £10 per day.
- Plan and deliver a major fundraising campaign (logistics, materials, community engagement etc)
- Create and maintain systems to track the project
- Create online promotional campaign for the project
- Engage and support participating schools, groups, organisations
- Liaise and manage volunteers on this project
How to apply
If you're interested, send your CV and a brief motivation letter to Lamis Serroukh at email@example.com. MADE encourages people of all faiths and none to apply.
Applications close midnight Wednesday 19th April.
This internship is for 3 months, from May-July.
THE BENEFITS OF DOING AN INTERNSHIP WITH MADE
As part of a small and dynamic organisation, you will play a key role in coming up with creative ideas to support more young Muslims to get involved in social action. An internship with MADE will help you to:
- Build your understanding of the charity/NGO sector.
- Learn about global development issues ranging from ethical trade to global health and environmental sustainability, as well as islamic responses to social injustice.
- Develop the practical skills and confidence to carry out social action in your community.
- Develop other useful skills such as networking, organisation, time management and leadership.
- Access exclusive networking opportunities with other organisations at events and meetings.
- Be part of a team of like-minded people and have a fun and challenging experience!
If you are looking for a career in development, campaigning, global education or the charity/NGO sector, an internship with us is a great stepping stone, with previous interns having gone on to work for organisations such as Oxfam, the UN and the British Red Cross, as well as Islamic Relief, Muslim Aid, Al Khair Foundation and more.
KEY INFORMATION ABOUT INTERNSHIPS WITH MADE
- Successful interns are usually expected to contribute 2 week days per week for a period of 3 months.
- Interns will normally be based in our offices in Whitechapel.
- Internships are typically unpaid, but lunch and travel expenses are covered up to £10 per day, and where possible we will always aim to provide paid internships.