Some of MADE's most recent achievements in the following key areas include:
Education and social action:
Engaging with 10,000 students in schools and madrassahs across the UK to date on social and environmental issues, and linking education to action including:
- 1300 students taking part in Fairtrade Fortnight.
- 300 students taking part in a national day of social action.
- schools of different faiths working together to plant trees for Climate Coalition’s ‘Show the Love’ for the environment.
- Training for Islamic societies – over 760 students trained to date.
- Innovative specialist training for trainee scholars
- Supporting youth-led campaigns
- Founded a new coalition called ‘Muslim Climate Action’ alongside Ifees, Global One, Muslim Charities Forum and Islamic Relief.
- Led campaign to put maternal health on the agenda of Muslim NGOs leading to 15 new projects.
- Led ‘Green Up my Community’ campaign, which reached nearly 4,000 people, to encourage mosques and Islamic Institutes to become more environmentally sustainable.
- Delivered the first Fairtrade Khutbah (mosque sermon), broadcast to thousands across Europe.