MADE has previously offered unique training workshops to young people, youth groups, Islamic societies and study circles. All of our training was interactive, hands-on and tailored to the needs of the organisation. Through the training hundreds of young people learnt how they had the power to do something about global poverty and injustice.
We provided training to many Muslim community groups including FOSIS, Human Appeal International, Bristol University Islamic Society, Cardiff University Islamic Society and the Co-ordination Council of Islamic Societies.
EXAMPLES OF TRAINING
INTRODUCTION TO CAMPAIGNING
- What’s campaigning and what’s the point?
- Islam & campaigning; enjoining the right and forbidding the wrong
- Influencing decision-makers aka the peeps with the power
- Getting your community on board
- Using social media and getting creative
- Planning your own campaign
ETHICAL FASHION & WORKERS’ RIGHTS
- Intro to issues around the garment industry including working conditions, corporate responsibility, governance, sustainability and the environment
- Tips to become a more ethical shopper
- Support to organise a clothes swap event
- Upcycling t-shirts into bags
GREEN UP MY COMMUNITY!
- Intro to current environmental issues including climate change, water, waste and organic farming
- Islam and the environment; Muslims as stewards (khalifah)
- Tips on greening up your deen
- Helping your mosque to achieve the Green Up! Award
AT OUR MOTHERS’ FEET
- Intro to maternal health issues including health services, nutrition, family planning, education and community support
- Islam and motherhood; Paradise lies at our mothers’ feet
- Becoming an ambassador for mothers in your community
To find out more info contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
BE A COMMUNITY THAT CALLS FOR WHAT IS GOOD, URGES WHAT IS RIGHT, AND FORBIDS WHAT IS WRONG - QUR’AN 3:104